DC Static Analysis Example
1. Start OrCAD Lite as shown below:
2. Click the “Create Document” button on the toolbar.
4. The following dialog will appear:
Choose “Create a blank project” and click OK.
5. The schematic editor will open. Enter the following schematic into the program:
Note the following:
• Parts are placed by SHIFT-P
• The voltage source is called “VDC” in the parts library
• The resistors are called “R”
• The ground is obtained by clicking the ground button
and choosing part “0/SOURCE.”
You can have multiple profiles for a given project. This allows you to analyze a circuit in
different ways without having to change settings back and forth.
7. Click the toolbar buttons for displaying the bias-point voltages and currents so that they
#PSPICE Seminar / DeVry KC – Spring 2002