1) Click and drag the Background layer over the New Layer icon in the Layers palette.
2) Click Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur. The Gaussian Blur dialog appears.
3) Move the dialog so you can see the image.
4) Click and drag the Radius slider until the image is completely blurred.
5) Set the Radium at 20 to 50 pixels for high-resolution photos or 6 to 20 pixels for low-resolution photos.
6) Click OK. The image appears completely blurred.
7) Click and drag the Opacity slider in the Layers palette to reduce the effect until the image appears to have a dreamy, soft focus.