Lee’s Path Loss and Prediction Model
Lee’s Path Loss:
Lee’s model can be used to predict area-to-area path loss. The model consists of two parts,
- Path loss prediction for a specified set of conditions.
- Adjustment factors for a set of conditions different from the specified one.
The model requires two parameters:
- Power at 1mile interception P in dB.
- Path loss exponent γ
α0 is an adjustment factor for different set of conditions
Some Specified conditions:
- Carrier frequency, fc = 900MHz
- BS antenna height = 30.48 m (100ft)
- MS power at the antenna = 10W
- BS antenna gain = 6dB above dipole gain
- MS antenna gain = 0dB above dipole gain
- MS antenna height = 3 m (10ft)
#Ref book: Wireless Communication and Networking – V.K. Garg