A short description of “FDMA definition and the main features of FDMA”
Definition of FDMA:
Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) assigns individual channels to individual users. Each user is allocated a unique frequency band or channel. These channels are assigned on demand to users.
Main Features of FDMA:
- FDMA channel carries only one phone circuit at a time.
- If an FDMA channel is not used, it remains idle.
- ISI is low
- Less complex system compared to TDMA
- Less overhead lists are needed
- Installation cost is high
- FDMA requires light RF filter
#Ref book: Wireless Communication and Networking – V.K. Garg