A short description of “Duplexing, Frequency Division Duplexing, Time Division Duplexing”
- In wireless communication system, it is often desirable to allow the subscriber to send simultaneously information to the base station while receiving information from the base station.
- This effect is duplexing.
Frequency Division Duplexing
- FDD provides two distinct bands of frequencies for every user.
- A device called a duplexer used inside each subscriber unit and base station to allow simultaneous bidirectional radio transmission.
Time Division Duplexing
- TDD uses time instead of frequency to provide both forward and reverse link.
- In TDD multiple user share a single radio channel by taking turns in time domain.
- We do not need any duplexing device.
#Ref book: Wireless Communication and Networking – V.K. Garg